There’s is something cooking in the Kitchen.
ASDA FOUNDATION FUNDS BRAND NEW KITCHEN FOR THE CENTRE.
The Centre in Poynton (www.thecentreinpoynton.co.uk) is delighted to announce that with the support of the Asda Foundation, our local Community Centre is now able to get a brand new modern kitchen.
The Asda Foundation which supports good causes across communities in the UK, have awarded the Centre with a £14,000 grant towards the cost of a new kitchen. This funding will kick start Phase 3 of the refurbishment programme of Poynton’s oldest public building which has seen an investment of close to £100,000 in the past 18 months.
Geoff King, Trustee at the Centre said ‘the generosity of the team at The Asda Foundation will ensure that the Centre, which is currently used by more than 500 people each week, will continue to offer the people of our great town a community building suitable for a multitude of community activities. Our sincere thanks go to the team at Asda for their valued support with the refurbishment.
The project is expected to start later this month.
At The Asda Foundation we like to support sustainable projects that benefit the whole community and are delighted to support phase 3 of the Poynton’s Community Centre which will benefit many user groups in the local community – Julie Ward – Asda Foundation Senior Manager
For further press information please contact Geoff King on 01625 876966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Poynton Community Centre is a registered charity (number 520098). The management trustees are all volunteers and they administer the building on behalf of the residents of Poynton. The building, which in parts dates to 1838, is home to numerous local groups including art classes, a music school, Men in Sheds, Poynton Ladies Jemmers Morris Dancing group, choirs, baby sensory sessions, little professors, tai chi, yoga, line dancing, bridge club, philately group and regular ceilidhs. Trials are underway to revive Poynton Folk Club, which made the Centre famous in the 1970s. For more information please visit www.thecentreinpoynton.co.uk and www.poyntonlive.uk
About Asda Foundation
- Since 1988 the Asda Foundation has been investing in local communities to improve the lives of the people who live and work there.
- We have been able to support hundreds of projects over the last 25 years, which has made a real difference to tens of thousands of people.
- Our vision is to create stronger and more sustainable communities, identifying charitable need and engaging with partners to deliver practical long term solutions.
- To find out more about the Asda Foundation, see: http://charities.Asda.com/Asda-foundation